DKube Trial Installation¶
If you are running DKube from a trial installation, the account is set up for DKube use.
- The DKube application is pre-installed on the target system
- A URL, and all of the necessary credentials for the application, will be provided
- If you are the DKube Operator, a license token will be provided
- The system is initially set up for local use. A single user is enabled.
- If more than one user is required, GitHub authorization must be enabled, as described in section Credentials & Roles
- Example models & datasets for DKube are available as part of the installation
- The models and datasets can be imported from the GitHub repositories (See Repos)
- The test images are located in the same GitHub repository
- An initial guide to getting started with the platform is provided in at Using DKube
- A tutorial is available to step you through your first use in section Data Scientist Tutorial
Initiating Dashboard and Workflow Screens¶
- Access the DKube site at the URL provided
- Chrome and Firefox browsers are supported
- If the DKube instance has not yet been signed in, sign in with the credentials provided. The login will be either local or through GitHub, as described below.
If you get a message that your connection is not private, it is because the certificate is self-signed. Please proceed to the url.
If you get an “Authentication Failed” or “Network Error” message after reaching the login page, simply refresh your browser window. This is not a valid error.
- If the login flow asks for the account to be authorized, please select the authorize button and provide the credentials.
- This will bring up the DKube dashboard. For subsequent launches, the GitHub credentials will be remembered, and the login screen will not appear.
Providing the License Token¶
If the system is being used for the first time, a license token needs to be entered in order to use the system. If you an Operator, you will be provided with a token to use when this happens. Paste in the token provided and select submit.
The same process is used to renew the license if it expires.
Credentials & Roles¶
There are 2 authorization mechanisms for accessing DKube.
DKube User Roles¶
There are 2 roles for a User:
|Operator||Can access both the Operator & Data Scientist screens & workflow|
|Data Scientist||Can only access the Data Scientist screens & workflow|
|Operator||Manages the infrastructure for Nodes, Devices, Users, Groups, Pools, and Devices|
|Data Scientist||Provides a flexible workflow for Programs, Datasets, Notebooks, Jobs, Inference, and Pipelines|
If the User is logged in as an Operator, the dashboards can be selected with a left-click on the User icon in the top right-hand side of the screen (circled in the screen shot). Once selected, the dashboards toggle between the Operator & Data Scientist views. The details of the dashboards are provided in the pertinent sections.